1. The aim of the International Festival of Animated Films ANIFILM Třeboň is to each year present the best from the field of animation from all around the world. The festival also aims to preserve and help develop the cultural heritage of Czech animated film, contribute to creation of new Czech films a provide ground for creating potential international co-productions. The festival’s accompanying programme supports education in the field of animated film, computer games and with its wide and varied programme, Anifilm strives to change to the stereotypical perception of animated film as a mere entertainment for children.
2. Anifilm is organized and promoted by OSPAF (Občanské sdružení pro podporu animovaného filmu, z.s.), company address: Hradešínská 6, 101 00 Praha 10, Czech Republic; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.anifilm.cz.
3. Anifilm 2018 will take place in Třeboň from 1st to 6th May 2018.
4. The competition programme of Anifilm consists of the following categories:
5. National competition is called Czech Horizon and is divided into four categories:
6. Only films and games made after January 1st 2017 can enter the competition. Films and games selected for the competition will be assessed by the festival selection committee. Each participant who submitted a film or game is subsequently informed about the result.
7. All films in the competition are screened in their original language and must be provided with English subtitles by the party submitting the film (with the exception of music videos).
8. Costs of the transportation of the film prints and promotion materials from the country of origin to the post office in Prague and the costs of travel insurance are covered by the participant, if not arranged otherwise. The costs of insurance against loss and partial damage or complete destruction of the film print for the period starting on the day when the festival receives the film print and ending when the festival hands the film print over to the carrier are covered by the festival. In case of loss or destruction of the film print during the festival the festival is responsible only for the costs involved in making a new print based on the current laboratory rates for ordering a standard print. All complaints concerning the technical condition of the returned film print must be registered with the festival within one month after receiving the film print.
9. Director, producer or the world sales company cannot withdraw the film from the festival once its screening has been officially confirmed.
10. The international jury consists of distinguished representatives of culture, film production and theory; and of film reviewers, filmmakers, game industry and producers. A special international jury will be assembled for each of the competition sections. A person who has taken part in the production of any of the films in the given competition cannot become a member of the jury. All the members of the jury are bound by secrecy. The Festival Director and the Programme Director or their deputies may attend the jury sessions, but do not take part in the voting.
11. The jurors give out the following awards:
a) The Award for the Best Feature Film for Grown-Ups comes with a financial prize of 1000 EUR.
b) The Award for the Best Feature Film for Children comes with a financial prize of 1000 EUR.
c) The Award for the Best Short Film comes with a financial prize of 1000 EUR.
d) The Award for the Best Student Film comes with a financial prize of 1000 EUR.
e) The Award for the Best Music Video comes with a financial prize of 500 EUR.
f) The Award for the Best Abstract / Non-narrative Animation comes with a financial prize of 500 EUR.
g) The Award for the Best Visual Art
h) The Award for the Best Game for Children
The jury can also award one Special mention in each category.
The financial prize is to be equally shared by the director and the producer of the awarded film and will be sent via a bank transfer not later than two months from the end of the festival. If the holder of the rights for the audio-visual works provides the work for screening for a fee, it shall be reduced from the potential financial reward.
12. During Closing ceremony awards in Czech Horizon categories are announced also. Winners in these categories are voted by special council of czech professionals Czech Animation Council (Rada animovaného filmu). According of their decisions festival Anifilm give out the following awards:
a) The Award for the Best Czech Short Film
b) The Award for the Best Czech Student Film
c) The Award for the Best Czech TV/On-line Film or Series
d) The Award for the Best Czech Commissioned Works
e) The Award for the Best Czech Music video
13. Awarded authors are expected to attend the Closing Ceremony during which the awards are announced and presented, and to mention the Award in the promotion materials of the film/game, both in their country of origin and abroad.
14. In ambiguous or unclear situations and cases unforeseen by the statutes, the director of the International Festival of Animated Films ANIFILM is to take the corresponding decision in accordance with international statutes. The organizer reserves the right to change these statutes in exceptionally serious cases.
13. By participating in the festival you accept these statutes.
The competition is announced on 1st of September 2017, the application submission deadline is set on 15th of January 2018 and is governed by the Festival statutes and the Competition rules. The audio-visual work and game is accepted into the competition on condition that:
1. One film or game can be submitted to one competition category.
2. The films and games for the competition are selected by a selection committee, see Statutes 6). Czech Horizon submissions are considered by Czech Animation Council (Rada animovaného filmu).
3. The selected films and games are evaluated by an international jury, see Statutes 10). Czech Horizon categories are considered by Czech Animation Council (Rada animovaného filmu).
4. Possibilities of the film delivery:
a) Submit the film by sending a link to download from a file sharing server (we recommend: uschovna.cz, wetransfer.com, mab.to) to email@example.com.
b) Submit the film by sending it on a medium with the film, for the address please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Possibilities of the computer game delivery: providing promo code to download from digital distribution (Steam, Apple App Store, Google Play,…), no later than January 15th 2018 to email@example.com.
6. The decision of the selection committee regarding the films and games selected for the competition will be announced by 28th February 2018 and the list of selected films and games will be published on the festival website www.anifilm.cz. The authors of the selected works will be subsequently requested to complement materials for the catalogue (photo, credits etc.).
7. All competition sections accept films in a good technical condition, in the following formats:
At the same time, we request a back-up HD video file, minimum data stream 1000 kB/s, stereo sound L/R.
8. The screening copies of the selected films must be delivered to the festival by 31st March 2018 at the latest. This deadline must be respected in all cases. The participant is bound to comply with the film print transportation instructions.
9. By submitting the audio-visual work or game, the submitting party declares that they are authorized to screen the film at the festival and to handle the film.
10. By submitting the audio-visual work to Czech Horizon section, the submitting party declares that they are authorized Czech Animation Council (Rada animovaného filmu) to nominate work to Emile Animation Awards.